To understand the advancements in the 2020 Titleist Tour Soft golf balls, let me give you a brief summary of the features of the 1st version of this golf ball model (2018):
- Designed with the largest Titleist core ever providing responsive feel and high speed.
- 4CE grafted cover made with TCU process technology – generates advanced short game control.
- Spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design – for penetrating trajectory and consistent flight.
Titleist Tour Soft golf ball’s main rivals are Callaway Chrome Soft, Srixon AD333 Tour and TaylorMade Project (a).
Now it will be easier to compare the two versions of Titleist Tour Soft golf balls.
2020 Titleist Tour Soft golf balls – advancements
- The core is further increased to deliver faster ball speeds for category-leading distance off the tee.
- Due to the increased core size, the Tour Soft’s high-performance 4CE grafted cover system became thinner. Thus producing increased short game spin around the green.
- Enhanced aerodynamics – a new spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design – provides a more penetrating ball flight.
- A nice to have feature: Doubling as an alignment aid, the new Tour Soft “T” sidestamp provides golfers the option for easy alignment on the tee or green.
The new Titleist Tour Soft golf balls, offered in both white and high-optic yellow, is manufactured by Titleist associates at Titleist’s owned-and-operated Ball Plant 2 in North Dartmouth, Mass.
2020 Titleist Tour Soft golf balls – availability
The new Titleist Tour Soft golf balls will be available in golf shops worldwide beginning Jan. 22. MAP $34.99.