If the 2020 Ryder Cup is postponed to 2021 then at least let’s have something new and tour-proven in our bag. The good news that Vokey WedgeWorks adds tour-proven T Grind.
The T Grind was designed for great hands and a vivid short-game imagination. Available in 58º and 60º lofts, it is ideal for a shallow angle of attack in firm conditions, with low bounce and a narrow crescent surface.
Compared to Vokey’s L grind, it has a wider back flange which allows for a lower measured bounce.
Vokey WedgeWorks T Grind wedges are designed with the same advanced technologies as the Vokey Design SM8 wedges:
- Reimagined Progressive CG is pushed forward from the face for increased MOI – producing improved distance and trajectory control, better feel, and a clubface that simply wants to square up at impact for more consistent results. To achieve this in the T Grind and all SM8 lob wedges, Vokey’s team lengthened the hosels and counterbalanced that weight with high-density tungsten low in the toe.
- 100% Inspected Spin Milled Grooves are cut with a level of precision that is unique by finish, producing maximum spin and shot control. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between grooves, which maximize spin on partial shots. Proprietary heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove without impacting feel – making it the most durable groove in golf.
Vokey WedgeWorks – personalization options
The Vokey WedgeWorks custom options are expanded to include:
- 6 unique toe engravings;
- Expanded stamping options: 10-character Straight/Freestyle; 15 characters around the toe; 5-character staircase style;
- Custom paint-filled Loft and Grind markings and BV Wings logo.
- Hand Grinds: Raw finishes can be hand ground to exact specs, including both performance grinds and profile adjustments – a true tour van experience.
Vokey WedgeWorks – lofts, availability, and finishes
The Vokey WedgeWorks T Grind will be available for custom order in golf shops and on Vokey.com in both 58° and 60° lofts in Tour Chrome and Raw finishes. RH only.
Price ($199) includes custom stamping, custom ferrule, and custom shaft band.