I was very happy to hear that PING Europe has got a female general manager. To understand the significance of this appointment and promotion, we should have a look at these stats:
- Today, 44% of companies have three or more women in their C-suite, up from 29% of companies in 2015. Source: World Economic Forum.
- UK: 27.2% of companies’ board of directors are women.
- France: 43.4% of companies’ board of directors are women.
- A Harvard Business Review research confirmed improving diversity results in better financial performance.
In our service economy merits (e.g. determination, attention to detail, measured thinking, etc.) and skills are more important than before.
One more proof why gender diversity and inclusion matter is McKinsey’s Diversity win study:
- 25% is the likelihood of financial outperformance!
- Companies with more than 30% women executives were more likely to outperform companies where this percentage ranged from 10 to 30, and in turn, these companies were more likely to outperform those with even fewer women executives or none at all.
PING Europe: Lisa Lovatt – the new General Manager
Long-serving Ping Europe Managing Director, John Clark, will step down from his role at the end of this year, with current General Manager, Lisa Lovatt, taking up the position.
Lovatt, 51, will begin her new role on 1st January, with full responsibility for all of Ping Europe’s operations in Gainsborough, Cheadle, and the 4 PING offices in Europe. She will report directly to PING Chairman and CEO, John Solheim.
Lisa Lovatt’s career at PING Europe
Lovatt joined PING Europe in 1994 to lead the company’s apparel and soft goods division.
She transitioned into operations and was responsible for developing operational support services over a long period of sustained expansion. This included
- responsibility for purchasing, customer services, production, warehousing, and shipping. Her success in this multi-faceted role led to her being appointed General Manager in early 2018.
Her success in this multi-faceted role led to her being appointed General Manager in early 2018.