Last year, after a lengthy testing period, Titleist launched what they called the next-generation Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls.
I have just received the news about the latest Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x. I will try to discover the differences between the ones I wrote about in October 2020 and these ones.
Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x golf balls in 2021
What I found easily is the number of dimples. Unlike in the previous version (346 dimples), on the 2021 edition
- Titleist Pro V1: 388 dimples
- Titleist Pro V1x: 348 dimples
Titleist said the dimple designs optimized for extraordinary distance and consistent flight. Amen!
If you are performance-driven then the 2021 Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x are for you! Both new 2021 models deliver longer distance, increased Drop-and-Stop™ greenside control, softer feel, and long-lasting durability.
- New Pro V1 offers the greatest combination of speed, spin and feel in the game, providing the best fit for the majority of golfers. Pro V1 flies lower than Pro V1x with a penetrating trajectory and has a very soft feel.
- New Pro V1x has a fast, high flight and delivers spin when and where a golfer wants it. Pro V1x is designed for players who want a higher trajectory and increased spin relative to Pro V1, with a slightly firmer feel.
Technology: Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x golf balls
- Reformulated 2.0 ZG Process Cores deliver increased distance in the solid core Pro V1 and dual core Pro V1x.
- Faster High-Flex Casing Layer adds speed and lowers long game spin. This highly-resilient, high-speed ionomer was initially developed for and validated by Pro V1x Left Dash.
- New, Softer Cast Urethane Elastomer Cover – the softest cover formulation ever used on a Pro V1 or Pro V1x – increases greenside spin for more control in the short game.
- New Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs: Pro V1 maintains its penetrating trajectory while Pro V1x will fly higher than the prior generation. They are the 1st entirely new patterns since 2011.
The new 2021 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls will be available in golf shops beginning Jan. 27, 2021.
Available in White (play numbers 1-4, 5-8, and all the same play number 00 or 1-99) and High optic yellow (play numbers 1-4). $49.99 MAP.