I hope you came to the same or a similar conclusion about the new Wilson Staff D9 irons like me.
Wilson Staff D9 wood range
The Wilson Staff D9 wood range uses the same generative design process as the irons offering incredible distance, sound, and performance.
Featuring a peak kinetic response clubface (PKR), which divides the face into a series of fractural zones, fine-tuning every millimeter of the surface to deliver explosive distance and performance.
The PKR Face is the most technologically advanced face that Wilson has ever produced.
The Wilson Staff D9 fairway woods are milled from premium Carpenter Custom 455 steel, the face is thin, hot, and optimized to deliver more feel and more distance performance.
Fairways and hybrids are Wilson’s first to combine variable-face thickness and 455 maraging steel.
This face design has been tested on the PGA Tour in 2020 by Gary Woodland and Brendan Steele.
Wilson Staff D9 driver
The Wilson Staff D9 driver features a three-layer composite crown to both neutralize vibration and reduce weight, ensuring a lower center of gravity for improved ball flight.
Golfers can choose between a standard 10-gram or super lightweight 3-gram weight configuration to fine-tune moment of inertia (MOI) and forgiveness.
Jon Pergande, Manager of Wilson Golf Club Innovation said:
“Utilizing our proprietary software, alongside Wilson Labs and our Wilson Advisory Staff members, the Wilson Staff D9 driver is our best driver offering yet.”
Variable Face Technology
For the first time ever, the Wilson Staff D9 fairway woods and hybrid feature Variable Face Technology, which delivers high ball speeds and high launch angles, regardless of where the ball makes contact on the clubface.
Both clubs feature
- a premium maraging steel inserts to provide a thin, hot face for more speed, feel, and distance performance.
Availability & specifications
- Price: RRP of 349,99 USD/Euros.
- The 10.5 o loft offering also comes in left hand.
The Wilson Staff D9 fairway woods are available in three loft options –
- 15˚ (3-wood);
- 18˚ (5-wood); and
- 21˚ (7-wood) – with the same MRC Tensei CK Blue shaft in A-, R- & S- flexes, plus Lamkin Genesis Crossline grips as used on the driver.
Left-hand models are available in 15° and 18° loft options. Available from mid-January at an RRP of € 229,99 / $219.99
Wilson Staff D9 Hybrid
The D9 hybrid is available in
- six progressive loft options (17˚, 19˚, 22˚, 25˚, 28˚, and 31˚);
- with the MRC Tensei AV Silver shaft in A(61g), R(64g), S(77g) flexes and
- Lamkin Genesis Crossline grip;
- Left-handed versions are available in 19°, 22˚ & 25° loft options.
- Price: RRP of €199,99 / $199.99
After reading about the key features of the new Wilson Staff D9 golf club family you will think differently about Wilson Golf.
If you are not a risk-taker then go to Wilson’s next demo-day in your country and test the new Wilson Staff D9 clubs.