We’ve just started getting used to the Callaway Epic MAX driver (launched in February 2021) and now the new Callaway Epic MAX Star Family is coming: Consumer PAR: 11/4. I am afraid to ask: is this the right timing to launch a new product family?
If I were Callaway I would not highlight the usage of AI since it should be a must-have in 2021. Wilson Golf is using it too.
What is sure Callaway Golf wants to impress the slow swing speed players in the exclusive, ultra-lightweight, ultra-premium performance category. Let’s see what has changed since the previous Callaway Epic MAX model!
Callaway Epic MAX driver after “dieting”
The new Callaway Epic MAX Star driver (Pricing: $699.99/driver) is:
- 52 grams lighter than the Epic MAX Driver.
- The A.I.-designed Flash Face works with the Jailbreak Speed Frame, promoting fast speeds across a more expansive area.
- Has got a lighter, stronger Triaxial Carbon material that saves significant weight vs. titanium.
- An additional Triaxial carbon toe patch adds draw bias while saving weight to promote a powerful shot shape.
- With a 9g adjust sliding rear weight, golfers have extensive adjustability to promote the ball flight. – The Callaway Epic MAX driver had a 17g sliding rear weight.
- The ultra-premium ATTAS Speed T1100 Shaft is just 36 grams, combined with a Winn Dri-Tac Lite Grip that’s just 25 grams, and a D1 swingweight.
Callaway Epic MAX Star Family – Fairway Wood ($429.99/fairway)
Callaway engineers used A.I. to design a completely new Jailbreak system that spreads and angles the Jailbreak blades. Along with stiffening the body, the new design allows the forged face cup to flex more for exceptional ball speeds.
- Just like the Callaway Epic MAX Family driver, the club family’s fairway wood has got a lighter, stronger Triaxial Carbon material.
- Launch and spin are tunable using 5 & 12g weights.
- An ultra-premium ATTAS Speed Shaft, combined with a Winn Dri-Tac Lite Grip, and a fixed hosel.
Callaway Epic MAX Star Family – Irons ($349.99 stick/irons)
Callaway Golf’s A.I. designed Flash Face Cup is in an Epic Star Iron for the first time ever. The unique Flash
Face architecture in each iron creates high COR’s for fast ball speeds and improved spin robustness for every club.
The forged 1025 mild carbon steel body and our patented urethane microspheres deliver exceptional sound and feel at impact, while the enhanced shaping helps enhance feel through the turf.
The new Callaway Epic MAX Star Irons have got a massive Tungsten Energy Core. The hollow body construction includes an exceptional amount of tungsten per iron, to promote easier launch characteristics while simultaneously improving forgiveness.
An ultra-premium ATTAS Speed Shaft, combined with a Winn Dri-Tac Lite Grip that saves additional weight.
What I appreciate in the new Callaway Epic MAX Star Family is that Callaway found the way to reduce weight without sacrificing performance. At the same time, I missed groundbreaking innovations.