The question is whether Puma Golf can make truly premium golf shoes. The new Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT spikeless golf shoes will be available in 2 versions for men:
- standard lace and DISC ($150), as well as
- a laced model for the women ($120) each in a variety of colorways.
Puma Golf: PROADAPT ALPHACAT spikeless golf shoes – features
Puma Golf is proudest of these innovations:
- PUMA Golf’s proprietary ADAPT Foam, which is made from a combination of EVA Cushioning and an impact resistant polymer. Puma Golf is promising impact resistance, high energy return, and excellent ground feel.
- The Multi Material Outsole, which features a high-durometer, abrasion resistant TPU perimeter*, provides stability and traction on soft surfaces while the central Crystal Rubber unit, provides exceptional ground gripping traction and a soft under foot feel on hard surfaces.
- The upper is an EXO Shell comprised of engendered mesh with a TPU Film that provides both structure and support as well as waterproof performance (1-year guarantee).
*TPU is the abbreviation of “Thermoplastic Urethane”. Its advantages are high strength, high tear strength, low compression deformation, high elasticity, and high softness.
My verdict: Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT golf shoes
Both Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT and ECCO Golf BIOM® H4 BOA Collection spikeless shoes are using TPU elements. However, ECCO Golf is using 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX technology that keeps feet dry and comfortable in all conditions too.
I am missing the usage of premium materials from the new Puma Golf spikeless shoe too. At the same time, the golf shoe sole design looks promising. Puma Golf could have design a more premium outlook.
In terms of pricing, it does not reflect premium quality and status. Men’s ECCO Golf BIOM® H4 BOA® RRP is £200.
At the same time, I must say, the Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT golf shoes are their first golf shoe model that made me say WOW.
Convince me if you think I am wrong! 🙂