My feet are really grateful to my ECCO Golf Biom golf shoes. I shared this with you because I see Puma Golf’s new PROADAPT ALPHACAT spikeless golf shoes are challenging ECCO Golf.
The question is whether Puma Golf can make truly premium golf shoes. The new Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT spikeless golf shoes will be available in 2 versions for men:
- standard lace and DISC ($150), as well as
- a laced model for the women ($120) each in a variety of colorways.
Puma Golf: PROADAPT ALPHACAT spikeless golf shoes – features
Puma Golf is proudest of these innovations:
- PUMA Golf’s proprietary ADAPT Foam, which is made from a combination of EVA Cushioning and an impact resistant polymer. Puma Golf is promising impact resistance, high energy return, and excellent ground feel.
- The Multi Material Outsole, which features a high-durometer, abrasion resistant TPU perimeter*, provides stability and traction on soft surfaces while the central Crystal Rubber unit, provides exceptional ground gripping traction and a soft under foot feel on hard surfaces.
- The upper is an EXO Shell comprised of engendered mesh with a TPU Film that provides both structure and support as well as waterproof performance (1-year guarantee).
*TPU is the abbreviation of “Thermoplastic Urethane”. Its advantages are high strength, high tear strength, low compression deformation, high elasticity, and high softness.
My verdict: Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT golf shoes
Both Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT and ECCO Golf BIOM® H4 BOA Collection spikeless shoes are using TPU elements. However, ECCO Golf is using 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX technology that keeps feet dry and comfortable in all conditions too.
I am missing the usage of premium materials from the new Puma Golf spikeless shoe too. At the same time, the golf shoe sole design looks promising. Puma Golf could have design a more premium outlook.
In terms of pricing, it does not reflect premium quality and status. Men’s ECCO Golf BIOM® H4 BOA® RRP is £200.
At the same time, I must say, the Puma Golf PROADAPT ALPHACAT golf shoes are their first golf shoe model that made me say WOW.
Convince me if you think I am wrong! 🙂