The 2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom X putters feature entirely new head shapes and updates to popular models. The putters also feature a new textured grip, new graphics, and premium styling. Tour-preferred milled 303 stainless steel face construction carries through to nearly every new model.
Expanding on the overwhelming response to the March 2021 Scotty Cameron Phantom X line extension designs and their adoption by tour professionals, Scotty
- has updated the Phantom X 5 and 5.5 putters,
- redesigned the Phantom X 7 and 7.5 models,
- and created the brand-new Phantom X 9 and 9.5, all of which will be available in April with an updated Phantom X 12.
The new Phantom X 11 and 11.5 will be released in June 2022 with a straight-shafted Phantom X 5s, as well. These new mallets complete a 10-putter Phantom X lineup that promises to be the most compelling family of Scotty Cameron high-tech, high-performance mallets to date.
2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom X putters – Technology
Each new 2022 Phantom X putter is an integration of steel and aluminum, with nine of the 10 models engineered specifically with a solid, precision-milled 303* stainless steel face and body that’s expertly fused with a 6061** aircraft grade aluminum sole and flange component.
The new Phantom X 12 employs an aluminum face/sole with stainless steel wings for maximum MOI, while its slimmed-down flange section and extended alignment create a longer-looking, easier-to-aim update to the prior model.
*Alloy 303 was specially designed to exhibit improved machinability while maintaining good mechanical and corrosion-resistant properties.
**Known for its strength, workability, corrosion resistance, and ease of joining, aluminum bar grade 6061 is in use across a wide variety of industries and applications.
Designed with feedback from touring professionals – and validated with multiple victories around the world in 2021 – the new 2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom X putters further express player preferences with features like precision-milled solid stainless steel faces, sleek putter head profiles, refined alignment cues, high durability finishes, and specific shaft and neck configurations.
The refreshed Phantom X 11.5 will continue to feature a low-bend stepless steel shaft installed over a milled topline spud, while the updated Phantom X 7.5 and all-new Phantom X 9.5 will employ small slant/jet necks like the recently revamped Phantom X 5.5.
The Phantom X 5, 7, 9, 11, and 12 models each have a stepless steel shaft engineered to minimize face rotation with a single mid-bend aimed directly down the target line. The summer-release Phantom X 5s has a straight stepless steel shaft installed near the center point of the topline with zero offsets.
2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom X Putters – from April 15
The new additions to the Phantom X line offer golfers multiple mallet options in 33″, 34″ and 35″ lengths, each with one of four specific neck/shaft configurations:
- Phantom X 5: Updated for 2022 with a new sole plate design and graphics, this Tour-proven, near-face balanced mid-mallet with a single bend shaft returns with a solid face configuration precision milled from 303 stainless steel, integrated with an updated aluminum sole plate and customizable stainless steel sole weights.
- Phantom X 5.5: The small slant/jet neck setup inspired by Justin Thomas’ prototype gamer returns in the latest Phantom X 5.5. Its solid face/body configuration is precision milled from 303 stainless steel and integrated with the line’s updated aluminum sole plate and customizable stainless steel sole weights. Also available left-handed.
- Phantom X 7: Completely updated for 2022 as a highly requested shape on Tour and introduced as the 2021 My Girl Limited, this angular wingback mallet with a single bend shaft and an integrated aluminum flange/sole component includes dual-purpose alignment features, a solid milled stainless steel face, and new sole plate design. Its long, sharp wings not only create alignment value but reposition weight farther back, increasing stability and MOI.
- Phantom X 7.5: Identical to the Phantom X 7 but with a small slant/jet neck to promote slight toe flow, this all-new angular wingback mallet shape unveiled as the 2021 H21 Limited Proto has a solid milled stainless steel face with an integrated aluminum flange/sole component with enhanced alignment options in its longer, sharper wing design.
- Phantom X 9: Sharing design attributes of the popular Phantom X 5 and 11 shapes, this all-new, near-face balanced compact high-MOI wingback mallet has a solid milled stainless steel face and wings integrated with a rounded 6061 aluminum flange-sole component for a unique profile with simple alignment cues, a “connected” or “solid” look at address, and modern appeal.
- Phantom X 9.5: With its small slant/jet neck, this is the follow-up to the 2021 Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black Limited. This brand new high-MOI mallet has a solid milled stainless steel face carried through to the body/wings integrated with a 6061 aluminum sole-flange component for a unique profile with enhanced alignment features and toe flow.
- Phantom X 12: Redesigned with an elongated single continuous alignment line and updated with a thinner mid-section profile and new graphics, the new Phantom X 12 has the highest MOI in the line. With its single mid-bend shaft, swept-back wings precision milled from 303 stainless steel, and aluminum face/body, this mallet promotes forgiveness with its perimeter weighting and superior sound and feedback. Left-handed version is also available.
Each new Phantom X putter comes with an updated Pistolero Plus grip with a non-slip and decorative texture that, like its Pistolero Plus predecessors, has less taper in the low hand for the ideal combination of size, feel and feedback when paired with Phantom X mallet putters.
The new Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5, 5.5, 7, 7.5, 9, 9.5, and 12 putter models will be available worldwide beginning April 15, 2022, through Titleist authorized golf shops. The new Phantom X 5s, 11, and 11.5 models will be available on June 17, 2022. | MAP: $429