The new Titleist TSR driver family is the next generation of the Titleist Speed Project that began more than 6 years ago with the TS series and was followed by the popular TSi models.
The Titleist TSi models performed quite nicely on the PGA Tour. Actually, TSi is the most played driver on the PGA Tour.
Unlike previous Titleist TSi driver models, this time Titleist is offering 3 driver versions – TSR2, TSR3, and TSR4 – with distinct performance options for a variety of players.
- The TSR2 is a “max” performance driver offering the perfect combination of speed and stability,
- The TSR3 provides speed and distance through precision tuning technologies such as SureFit Adjustable CG Track weighting.
- The TSR4’s adjustable weighting system allows for more control than ever over spin conditions.
Titleist TSR driver – 5 Technology solutions
- Advanced Aerodynamics: Titleist put emphasis on aerodynamics being one of the most essential routes to increasing clubhead speed. Titleist TSR driver models feature a new ‘boat tail’ shape that houses swing weight, moving one more element of drag off the club sole.
- Multi-Plateau and Speed Ring Variable Face Thickness (VFT) Technologies: TSR drivers employ two new VFT constructions, each offering specific performance benefits engineered to work for different player profiles. The TSR2 and TSR4 feature a multi-plateau VFT face that is built inward, layer by layer, to create nearly constant CT across the entire hitting surface. This results in a more forgiving clubface for off-center strikes. The VFT construction of the TSR3 is found in its Speed Ring face, where Titleist engineers focused on centering the maximum CT/COR relationship into the sweet spot, helping players who find the middle of the face get even more speed off the tee.
- Aerospace Grade Titanium: it features unique properties in terms of strength, recoil, and durability.
- CT tested and maximized
- SureFit Hosel Compatible: All Titleist TSR drivers feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel and are compatible with all Titleist TSi, TS, 917, 915, 913, and 910 models.
Titleist TSR2 driver
- Designed for maximum performance for both on- and off-center contact.
- A Multi-Plateau VFT face builds the face inward, layer-by-layer, to create consistent CT across the face with forgiveness and speed no matter the impact location.
- Optimized CG placement – lower and more forward than prior generations – increases ball speed and improves launch and spin conditions.
- 460cc head with adjustable swingweight and fixed CG location.
- High launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 | LH | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0
Titleist TSR3 driver
- Engineered for speed, distance, and playability with performance-tuned adjustability.
- A refined and reimagined SureFit Adjustable CG Track System allows players to position the CG exactly where they need and want it, customizing their ideal and exact setup.
- An advance in clubface technology, the TSR3’s Speed Ring VFT Face was created using a conical variable face thickness. This feature focuses the maximum CT/COR relationship into one central sweet spot.
- Continuing upon the success of TSi3’s 460cc shape, TSR3 maintains the tour-preferred shaping while adding subtle refinements to improve aerodynamics.
- Mid/high launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 (custom) | LH | 9.0 | 8.0, 10.0 (custom)
Titleist TSR4 driver
- The ultimate low-spin driver of which every detail, from sound to feel, is fine-tuned to meet the standards of high-spin players.
- The entire hitting area is designed to capture consistent speed and distance.
- 2 adjustable weighting options allow players to customize their spin profile: a heavier weight in the forward setting maximizes spin reduction while moving the weight to the back creates more of a “TSR3.5” performance profile.
- 430cc with adjustable swingweight and CG location.
- Mid/low launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | LH | 9.0
Titleist TSR driver – grips & shafts
- Golf Pride TV 360 No Fill Flat Cap 58R. Additional custom grips are available.
- HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology.
- TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Straight Flight Weighting and Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel, and durability.
- HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower.
- TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fiber Weave technology to enhance feel and stability.
- TSR premium offerings include three shafts manufactured by Graphite Design and utilize exclusive TORAYCA carbon fibers to produce elite performance dynamics. All shafts are available in 50, 60, 70, and 80g.
- TOUR AD UB: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking for mid-launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD DI: For mid-to-high swing speeds seeking mid/high launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD IZ: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking to have a high launch with low spin.
Titleist TSR driver – availability
Titleist TSR drivers are available in golf shops worldwide. MAP: $599 | $799 (Premium).