In September 2022, Titleist started the seeding and validation process for 2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls on the PGA Tour at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas.
The new Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls will be available from tomorrow (25/01/2023).
The main promise of Titleist is that their balls will deliver lower long-game spin for increased distance and a more consistent flight – helping golfers hit the ball longer and straighter while maintaining the Drop-and-Stop greenside control.
Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x remained true to their unique play styles: Titleist Pro V1 offers the best combination of distance, spin, and feel in the game and delivers a penetrating ball flight.
Titleist Pro V1x is engineered to fly higher and spin more with irons and in the short game, while still offering a low spin on longer shots to maximize distance.
Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x golf balls – Technology
- New High Gradient Core Design: An all-new, reimagined core in the new Pro V1 and the dual-core Pro V1x are built to be firmer on the outside and progressively softer on the inside, which promotes fast speeds and low long game spin. The new cores take inspiration from popular CPOs (Custom Performance Options) – Pro V1 Left Dot and Pro V1x Left Dash – both of which feature high gradient cores and are the choice of several players on professional tours.
- New Dual-Core Dimension: There has been a change in the 2023 Pro V1x dual-core design, with the inner core increasing center volume by 44%, from 1” to 1.13” in size. This works in concert with the high gradient, as the larger and softer center helps to drive down long-game spin and increase stability through the air.
- Speed Amplifying High-Flex Casing Layer: Casing layers on both the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x interact with the high gradient cores to further neutralize excess spin while combining with the soft cast urethane cover to provide unparalleled greenside spin and control.
- Cast Thermoset Urethane Cover: The urethane covers on the Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls utilize a proprietary thermoset process. 2 separate components are mixed, and the liquid urethane is cast into Titleist-manufactured cavities which form the appropriate dimple pattern into the cover. The precise timing of the curing process and temperature are integral to the consistency of the urethane and the performance the golfer experiences on the course.
- Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs: With a 388-dimple design on the Titleist Pro V1 and a 348-dimple design on Pro V1x, both golf balls have optimized aerodynamics to fly consistently and far. The Pro V1x’s dimple pattern allows the ball to launch and fly in a slightly higher window than the Pro V1.
Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x golf ball – Availability & Price
Titleist Pro V1 is the best ball for players seeking very low long-game spin, more distance, penetrating and consistent flight, and Drop-and-Stop greenside control, all of which complements Pro V1’s very soft feel.
Pro V1x is the best choice for golfers seeking higher flight and more spin, with a slightly firmer feel compared to Titleist Pro V1.
White golf balls are available with play numbers 1-4, 5-8, and all the same play numbers 00 or 1-99. High-optic yellow golf balls are available with play numbers 1-4.