In 2018, 282 delegates participated in the Golf Business Forum 2018. For the Golf Business Forum 2020, the organizers are expecting to attract over 400 delegates from all segments of the golf industry.
The Golf Business Forum 2020 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 23-24 June 2020.
The organizers have already found the first four speakers:
- The newly appointed Commissioner (and former CEO) of the National Basketball League, Jeremy Loeliger;
- Karen Fitzgerald (Global Manager, Experiences, Tourism Australia);
- Carla Armanet (Director, Sport, and Recreation, Botanic Gardens and Centennial Parklands);
- Jay Karen (CEO, National Golf Course Owners Association USA).
Top of mind for most contributors were four key themes:
- Leadership and
- Industry Trends & Insights (including driving golf participation).
The final line-up of speakers will be revealed in February 2020. I hope we can hear actionable ideas and not just general thoughts that are hard to relate to.
I hope there will be at least one presentation about the importance of employee experience and its contribution to:
- The overall customer experience that we would like to provide to our golf club guests and members.
Today’s professionals/workers are picky. Hence we have to convince the best talents, why they should work for us.
If you are in Finland between 28-30 November then come to the Finland Golf Industry Days organized by the Finnish Golf Club Owners Association.
I will explain in my presentation how you can design your golf club organization in such a way that people will want to work (and not just need to work) at your golf club.