I believe countries that are not famous for being a golf country (e.g. Hungary) or as a golf tourism destination, holding a prestigious golf tournament like the World Corporate Golf Challenge can help to improve the country’s awareness.
This is why I was happy to hear from Damian MacPherson, the club manager of the Hungarian Zala Springs Golf Resort (Robert Trent Jones Jr. design, member of IMG Prestige, the World of Leading Golf) that they will host the qualifying event for Hungary on 2nd June.
In the golf history of Hungary, this will be the 1st World Corporate Golf Challenge tournament to be held in a Hungarian golf club.
The World Corporate Golf Challenge is one of the biggest corporate golf tournaments in the world. Since the foundation in 1993 of the tournament more than 1 million golfers from over 20 countries have competed to represent his/her country. This year the World Corporate Golf Challenge celebrates its 25th Anniversary as well.
This golf event is well supported by leading media companies like Golfing World, Fortune, Time Inc. (Golf Monthly) etc.
The World Corporate Golf Challenge has also got a World Final whereby the national winners will represent their countries. This year it will be held in the Portuguese Oitavos Dunes golf course between 20-24 June 2018.
I hope Zala Springs Golf Resort will be well-prepared to take advantage to create BUZZ not just for the event, but also themselves as Hungary’s most prestigious golf resort where golfers can get outstanding golf experience and hospitality.
If they listen to me then they will:
- The golf course and the clubhouse have got superb scenery: create shareable moments to exploit the power of social media;
- Ask the guests to write reviews on Leadingcourses.com, Facebook etc. about their experience in Zala Springs Golf Resort.
- Ensure to be present on Hole19, Golf GameBook etc.
- Ensure really fast Wi-Fi connection (ideally 500 megabytes a second) not just in the clubhouse, but on the golf course as well to enable participants to share their experience easily and quickly. => Social Broadcasting
- Start to cooperate with golf industry and golf tourism influencers like me to spread the word and the BUZZ.
- Create a chatbot on Facebook (NOT just for this event, but for future online communication as well!!!) to have a more direct and personal communication channel with the participants and with those who are interested in playing golf at Zala Springs Golf Resort.
- Use drones to show the competition from a different perspective.
- Use live streaming solutions (e.g. Facebook Live, Periscope etc.) to reach also those who do not have time to participate in the competition, but would like to follow the event.
- Help participants to be able to charge their mobiles easily.
- Create a unique hashtag for the event to be able to follow up where and what people shared about the World Corporate Golf Challenge.
- Utilize the event to promote their apartments for sale.