I wanted to write about a serious topic. However, I could not pass by the 20th anniversary of Rolex sponsorship of The Masters.
If we check more closely the relationship between Rolex and golf then we can see that it is even longer: 50 years.Rolex is in partnership with many leading golf organizations, among the them the USGA, the R&A, the LPGA.
It was in 1967 when Rolex decided to sponsor Arnold Palmer, joined by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player.
For over 30 years, Rolex has been a partner and Official Timekeeper of The Open.
Rolex & The Masters
Since 1999, Rolex has been an International Partner of the Masters.
When we are talking about the 20th anniversary of the sponsorship we cannot afford not to remember the champions.
Here are the Rolex testimonee Masters champions:
- Arnold Palmer (1958, 1960, 1962, 1964)
- Gary Player (1961, 1974, 1978)
- Jack Nicklaus (1963, 1965, 1966, 1972, 1975, 1986)
- Tom Watson (1977, 1981)
- Bernhard Langer (1985, 1993)
- Fred Couples (1992)
- JoséMaria Olazabál (1994, 1999)
- Tiger Woods (1997, 2001, 2002, 2005)
- Phil Mickelson (2004, 2006, 2010)
- Trevor Immelman (2008)
- Adam Scott (2013)
- Jordan Spieth (2015)