I am not saying anything new when I say that F&B is one of the most important sources of income for golf clubs. It is also worth noting that more cooking experiences are taking place online nowadays.
“Since Q4 2020, there’s been a 15% increase in the number of Americans using online videos or tutorials when cooking, a figure that rises to 26% among Gen X and baby boomers.”
As we can see in the chart below, our culinary media consumption has changed significantly for the benefit of online media….even among Boomers and Generation X.
Kantar’s Media Reactions 2022 study indicates marketers will continue to increase their investments in online video, streaming, and social media stories.
The most engaging social media content types are
- Short-form video: For reference – active users of other social platforms: Facebook – 2.9B, YouTube – 2.2B, Instagram – 1.4B, TikTok – 1.0B, Snapchat – 750M, Pinterest – 480M, Twitter – 300M.
- Live video.
The popularity of social media stories and social media usage can be explained easily. They can find highly, relevant, engaging, and shared entertainment on social media platforms.
Social media services are usually considered essential ways to connect, gather information, and stay entertained.
What are the changes at Golf Kitchen?
I think Golf Kitchen‘s marketing team needs to keep in mind the aforementioned media content consumption trends in order to succeed.
But who has been added to the Golf Kitchen marketing team?
Founder Diana DeLucia, an internationally recognized culinary writer, and photographer has partnered with
- entrepreneur Chris Bartlett of Gem Advertising,
- sales and marketing specialist Gary Doyens of JM Media Group, LLC, and
- Karen Moraghan, an international media relations strategist, to refine and build the Golf Kitchen brand.
Since 2014, DeLucia and Golf Kitchen have chronicled private golf and country clubs, shining a light on the quality of their culinary offerings.
The Golf Kitchen portfolio includes
- a quarterly magazine,
- special culinary events, and
- the Golf Kitchen Culinary Excellence Awards, an annual event at GlenArbor Golf Club, in Bedford Hills, New York.