Algarve Tourism Association (ATA) has just launched the ‘golf4all' campaign. The aim of the 'golf4all" is to present the Algarve as a fully-inclusive tourism attraction for golfers of all ages and abilities and for tourist acros the globe.
As part of this initiative they will hold next week (November 18-23) the European Disabled Golfers Association (EDGA) Algarve Open, in Pestana Vila Sol. The Association is planning other initiatives for 2015 as well.
The big question is: What are these resorts and golf clubs are doing to enable disabled golfers to enjoy their golf courses??
Here are some of the prominent disabled golfers who will particpate among the others:
- Cédric Lescut of Belgium;
- Manuel de los Santos of the Dominican Republic & France: a former top-level basketball player;
- Sebas Lorente – from Spain: a wheelchair golfer;
- Monique Kalkman, a Dutch paragolfer who has also won Paralympic gold in tennis;
- former Paralympic skiers Nino Ouraboh and Martijn Wijsman;
- Charles-Henri Quélin (France) who has +2 handicap and plays with a fused right arm.
Here are some personal stories:
Manuel De Los Santos
All my respect to these great people who did not give up despite the difficulties.