This weekend (5th-8th November) was held the full-3 day World Golf Awards program at the Conrad Algarve (it is the 2nd year in a row that the event is held in this luxury Algarve hotel). World Travel Awards celebrated earlier this year its 22nd anniversary. Unlike at many Awards, here count both the public and industry votes.
Troon reaped victory in 8 categories:
- “Spain’s Best Golf Course” – Las Colinas Golf & Country Club, Alicante
- “Greece’s Best Golf Course” – The Bay Course, Costa Navarino, Messinia (Robert Trent Jones Jr.)
- “Morocco’s Best Golf Hotel” – Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, El Jadida (designed by Gary Player)
- “United Arab Emirates’ Best Golf Course” – Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, Abu Dhabi (designed by Gary Player)
- “Dubai’s Best Golf Course” – The Address Montgomerie Dubai (designed by Colin Montgomerie)
- “Bahrain’s Best Golf Course” – The Royal Golf Club, Riffa
- “Russia’s Best Golf Course” – Agalarov Golf & Country Club, Moscow (designed by Cal Olson)
- “Malaysia’s Best Golf Course” – The Els Club Teluk Datai, Langkawi (was opened in November 2014)
There were further triumphs for Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, The Address Montgomerie, The Royal Golf Club Bahrain and The Els Club Teluk Datai as their partnering hotels received the “Best Golf Hotel” accolades in their respective countries.
To be awarded as ‘Spain’s best golf course‘ golf courses must excel in a wide range of areas, such as quality of layout, pristine golf course conditioning, outstanding front of house experience and service.
2015 was a record year for Las Colinas Golf & Country Club, they won earlier this year with “Spain’s Leading Villa Resort” accolade at the World Travel Awards. In 2014, Las Colinas Golf & Country Club received at the International Hotel & Property Awards the #1 Golf Resort.
Have something to add to this story. Share it in the comments.