The renowned Spanish La Cala Resort near Málaga began in 2018 a major renovation program.
The La Cala Resort has got 3 18-hole golf courses: Campo America, Campo Asia, and Campo Europa.
Campo America and Campo Asia were designed by Cabell B. Robinson, who worked 20 years with Robert Trent Jones.
After leaving Robert Trent Jones Sr., his first two projects were La Cala Resort’s Campo America and Campo Asia.
The Campo America golf course of La Cala Resort was opened in 1991, two years after the Asia course and 14 years before the Europa course.
Today, the Campo America golf course is the most requested golf course among the 3 courses of La Cala Resort.
Changes: La Cala Resort – Campo America
As part of the renovation program, the following changes were implemented:
- 4th hole – has been extensively remodeled to improve its playability in 2018;
- all bunkers refurbished to enhance the aesthetics;
- the par-5 15th hole will undergo major remodeling as well.: where a ravine on the left side up towards the green has been partially filled in to allow greater flexibility in strategy for those looking to lay up.
The Asia and Europe courses will be renovated between 2019 and 2020.
According to my source, La Cala Resort will have soon golf carts with GPS navigation system. I assume they will have Club Car’s Visage system.
3rd reason to return to La Cala
- a newly renovated 107-bedroom hotel, a selection of on-site properties for sales and rental;
- from attractive 2-bedroom apartments to opulent 5-bedroom villas spread throughout the estate of approximately 4 million square meters.
Residents can enjoy the luxurious spa and a selection of excellent restaurants and bars.
Most recently, Daniel García Peinado, the chef at La Cala Resort and the Spanish Professional Cooking Team won the bronze medal in the European final of the Global Chefs Challenge with a menu based on Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For those who are looking for a