The Finkbine Golf Course (a daily-fee facility in Iowa City, Iowa) has selected Troon to help in day-to-day operations.
This new assignment came to Troon after the golf course made a loss of nearly $300,000 in 2018.
This spring, Finkbine Golf Course will unveil the Nagle Family Clubhouse a 19,000 square-foot, two-level facility features
- a larger pro shop,
- a restaurant and bar,
- a banquet facility,
- an outdoor patio,
- locker rooms,
- underground cart storage, and
- the Nagle Room – a conference room and private dining space.
This is a $10 million investment. They will also redevelop 44 acres of land adjacent to the Finkbine Golf Course with amenities like
- a boutique hotel,
- micro-conference center,
- private member club, retail shops, and
- even residential housing.
The land owned by the University of Iowa.
Troon remains committed to growing the management company’s presence throughout the Midwest.
In 2019, following the acquisition of Green Golf Partners, Troon opened a Chicago office (4611 North Ravenswood, Suite 101) to support its growing collection of clubs in the region.
Finkbine Golf Course – facts
- Named after W.O. Finkbine, who donated the land to The University of Iowa.
- The golf course opened for play in 1953 and was designed by Robert Harris and Dick Nugent.
- Finkbine Golf Course has been home to numerous NCAA tournaments, a 1991 Hogan Tour event and the 1992 and 1993 “Hawkeye Classic” Nike Tour tournaments.
- The course has hosted the Iowa Match Play (2013), Iowa State Men’s Amateur (2014), Iowa Women’s Amateur (2016), and the 2017 US Men’s Amateur qualifier.
- The course stretches 7,200 yards over rolling Iowa terrain and plays to a par of 72.
- Located on the western edge of The University of Iowa campus, Finkbine Golf Course is owned by the university and serves as the home course for the university’s women’s and men’s golf teams.