Troon has been selected to manage Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club in Cicero, New York. Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club is located just north of Syracuse along the south shore of Oneida Lake.
Troon Privé, the private club operating division of Troon, will oversee:
- the golf operations,
- golf course agronomy,
- membership sales and marketing, and
- the club’s food and beverage operations.
Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club was established in 1860 and is nestled on 150-picturesque acres on the south shore of Oneida Lake.
The club’s par-72, 18-hole golf course originally opened for play in 1928 and has since been renovated by golf course architect Stephen Kay.
Lakeshore’s beautiful lakeside clubhouse includes
- a golf shop,
- a restaurant, and
- the most picturesque banquet facilities anywhere, providing the ideal setting for weddings, parties, and other celebrations.
In addition to golf, Lakeshore Yacht and Country Club members also enjoy other amenities including a swimming pool complex and a marina offering dockage space for yachts and boats.
I was really happy to find Topgolf Swing Suite in the clubhouse. This is the only Topgolf Swing Suite in New York State outside of Monticello, NY.
Seamus Lyman, Senior Partner & General Counsel for Hart-Lyman Companies, owner/occupant of Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club says
“We plan to develop the land adjacent to the golf course by adding residential opportunities, mixed-use commercial space, a 200-key boutique hotel and significantly enhance the marina.”
Recommendations for Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club
- How can your club incorporate gamification to compete with the homestay industry?
- People turn more and more to their peers for recommendations. How do you want to adopt P2P networks to your service offerings?
- Wellness & wellbeing services are really missing here. Mindfulness and conscious movement are gaining momentum.
- When you try to personalize your services and offers don’t forget to consider what is the added value in them. Your members will more likely to provide personal information if they understand the added value in your offers.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of purposeful leisure activities.
- Culinary/Gastronomy experience: it is among the TOP3 trends with the highest impact on private clubs. Will you create a Michelin-star restaurant that offers hyper-local foods or Asian cuisine or Mexican food, etc.?
- You won’t be able to create an exceptional customer experience without building an attractive employee experience. For this, you will have to redesign your organization by focusing on 3 environments: technological, physical, and cultural.