Troon has been selected to manage Bay Creek, a beach and golf community located along Virginia’s Eastern Shore in Cape Charles. Troon Privé, the private club operating division of Troon, will manage
- golf and club operations,
- food & beverage,
- golf course agronomy, and
- membership marketing and programming.
Bay Creek features
- 27-holes of golf, including an 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature course, and a 9-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. The Palmer Course opened in 2001, while the Nicklaus Course debuted in 2006.
- With 4 holes on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, 8 holes on Old Plantation Creek and several holes framed by sand dunes and large beach bunkers, the Palmer Course is as beautiful as it is challenging. The 7,250-yard course plays to a par of 72 and features smooth A-4 greens and Tifway 419 Bermuda fairways.
- Nicklaus Course is a shot maker’s design with acres of dunes, mature trees, small well-protected greens, and water on several holes. The 9-hole course measures 3,645 from the championship tees and is a par 36.
- Both courses are private, but the community retains a resort component, renting homes and allowing guests pay to play.
As a Troon Privé-managed club, full Bay Creek golf members are automatically enrolled in the Troon Privé Privileges program, which delivers extraordinary golf and lifestyle benefits as well as reciprocal play at other Troon Privé-managed private clubs around the world.