Last year, several trends (e.g. travel recovery, working from anywhere, bleisure, wellness tourism, etc.) favored La Cala Resort. On the other hand, we also need to see that their previous correct investments have brought results.
Such an achievement, for example over 120,000 rounds played on all three courses of La Cala Resort.
I will now quickly summarize these useful investments. Write in the comments what enhancement you have done in your golf club!
La Cala Resort – developments & strategic directions
- Sustainability is at the core of every improvement.
- The resort is focused on offering all guests a unique experience with every visit. From clubhouse renovations to golf course upgrades, La Cala Resort continues to lead the way with innovative sustainable practices and environmentally friendly refurbishment.
- The transition to Bermuda greens has successfully taken hold, offering a consistently better putting surface for golfers all year round. Not only has this elevated the performance of the golf courses, but the transition has also achieved further environmentally friendly benefits. E.g. reduced need for chemical fertilizers along with limited water usage…
- Utilizing recycled lake water and La Cala Resort’s state-of-the-art pumping system, maintenance teams are able to limit water usage in a more efficient way. Frequent mulching methods and remodeled bunkers have reduced overall maintenance requirements and significantly lowered overall fuel usage.
- The introduction of solar panels across the entire surface of the maintenance facilities generates over 200,000KW of cleaner energy, every hour. Utilized to help power the recently renovated and popular Clubhouse area, this solar-powered energy supply provides La Cala Resort with an energy-efficient alternative throughout the year.
- La Cala Resort has replaced the petrol-powered carts with a new fleet of – 80 Club Car Tempo – lithium buggies / golf carts.
Upcoming additional facilities and improvements, such as the addition of padel courts and modern room renovations continue to highlight La Cala Resort’s commitment to upgrading and improving the quality of service and experience for guests and residents year-on-year.
I couldn’t find any indication of how they would get rid of single-use materials. Or how do they use technologies to reduce paper and plastic?
Where does the La Cala Resort rank on the ESG (environmental, social, and governance) scale?
The ESG framework helps investors understand how the company protects (or harms) nature, how it treats its employees and communities, and whether it has ethical standards of corporate governance.
How does La Cala Resort encourage its guests to help them to become much more sustainable?
La Cala Resort – Diversity challenge
What would also be very useful for La Cala Resort is diversity. The most diverse companies are now more likely than ever to outperform less diverse peers on profitability.
Companies with more than 30% women executives were more likely to outperform companies where this percentage ranged from 10 to 30, and in turn, these companies were more likely to outperform those with even fewer women executives or none at all.