The International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) 2015, that was held in Tenerife between 5-8 October has ended last week. So I thought to share with you the list of TOP 10 winners :
- Michael Campbell, one of New Zealand’s most successful sportspeople and winner of the 2005 US Open Championship, presented with an honorary award for his services to golf;
- Golf Resort of the Year from 3 geographic regions:
- Europe – Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf Resort (a Seve Ballesteros designed golf course);
- North America – Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge;
- Rest of the world – Banyan The Resort Hua Hin, Thailand
- Sustainable Golf Course Of The Year category (in association with the Golf Environment Organisation) winners are:
- Mission Hills Haikou, China,
- La Galiana Campo de Golf, Valencia, Spain,
- and PGA National Resort & Spa, Florida, USA .
- Undiscovered Golf Destination of the Year Award: Tasmania (with 65+ golf courses, near to Australia).
Golf Destination of the Year:
- Africa, Gulf States & Indian Ocean: Mauritius
- Asia & Australasia: Vietnam
- Europe: Lisboa Golf Coast
- Latin America & Caribbean: Dominican Republic
- North America: Hilton Head Island
In 2016, the International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) will be held in Mallorca at the Palau de Congressos in Palma, November 14-17.