Recently, the Spanish Real Club de Golf El Prat achieved an 8.5 rating on Leadingcourses.com. With this result, they are the most popular golf club in the Barcelona area.
Marcello Della Vecchia, director of sales and marketing at Real Club de Golf El Prat, explains the result with
“Our renewed deal with Hotel La Mola is yielding fruit and means we have a more varied, better quality offering, giving players the option to stay in a modern, four-star hotel right on one of Europe’s best golf clubs. We knew this collaboration would be successful and we expect it will be even more so in the future.”
How to take advantage of this result?
We can all agree that it is a very good result. I like to recommend the usage of review sites like Leadingcourses.com for 3 reasons:
- They build trust;
- They add credibility;
- They validate & simplify golfers’ buying decisions.
Do I need to explain to you the importance of online reviews? If yes, then check out the study of Brightlocal in the comment box at the end of this post. 🙂
I still believe that review sites are effective channels to drive measurable behavior, conversions, and revenue.
Now the question is how can Real Club de Golf El Prat and other golf clubs/resorts take advantage of a high ranking result in their golf club marketing.
- Sales & marketing materials;
- Website: use testimonials/reviews where your visitor has to make an important purchase decision (e.g. membership purchase, golf holiday booking, golf lessons, etc.). Ask guests to post reviews on your website. If I were you I would test which social proof helps you the most in conversion.
- Social media: not only to highlight such an impressive result but also reshare favorable reviews on your social media channel.
- Ads: highlight that your guests this rating on Leadingcourses.com. This will help you to improve the performance of your offline & online campaigns. According to Trustpilot data, 88% of consumers believe ads are more trustworthy with online reviews.
- Emails – share customer success stories as part of marketing campaigns + highlight your ranking on Leadingcourses.com + achievements on other review sites.
Try to get as many reviews as possible. Proactively ask for reviews after a visit/experience or when they repurchase or reorder or when they refer you to their friends.
Finding the right timing has a significant impact on the results/reviews’ content.
It is very good in the case of Real Club de Golf El Prat they already have 116 reviews. The bad news is it is never enough.
Make sure you’re giving customers a reason to leave a review. If you can afford, then incentivize them to write reviews with
- discount or coupon codes,
- entrance into a contest for an even bigger prize, or
- gift cards for coffee, or cold hard cash.
These reviews will be an excellent source of information for your voice of the customer program.
Start leveraging your reputation now!