The La Manga Club found a unique way to celebrate its 50th anniversary. La Manga Club will be the host venue for Legends Tour’s Farmfoods European Senior Masters hosted by Peter Baker.
It will be held on October 14-16, a field of top Legends Tour golfers will battle it out for the trophy – including 1999 Open Championship winner Paul Lawrie and 2005 US Open victor Michael Campbell.
As part of the tournament, a two-day Alliance Series event will take place on October 14-15. This format is providing an exclusive opportunity to live the life of a golf legend as everyday players play alongside two professionals in a team event format, as well as in an individual tournament against other Alliance competitors in front of crowds and TV cameras.
La Manga Club – History
- Founded in 1972, La Manga Club is one of Spain’s flagship golf venues with a rich tournament history. Gary Player was La Manga’s 1st director of golf, and it was also the venue where the great Severiano Ballesteros would make his European Tour debut in 1974.
- Ballesteros took on the honor of being La Manga Club’s Touring Pro.
- The South Course (see picture below) was designed by renowned American Robert Dean Putman before undergoing an extensive redesign by the great Arnold Palmer.
- A former host venue of the Spanish Open between 1973 and 1977 as well as DP World Tour Qualifying School, the layout measures a touch over 7,100 yards with a par of 73.
From £3,000 per person, Alliance players will receive inside-the-ropes access throughout the 2 days, including access to the practice range, locker room, and players’ lounge.
Accommodation will also be provided at the Principe Felipe Hotel for 3 nights and Alliance Series players will be treated to
- breakfast on arrival at the course,
- buffet lunch on both days, and
- post-round hospitality, including a prize-giving ceremony following the final Alliance round.
Players will also receive tickets for the final day of golf action on Sunday, October 16, as the professionals battle it out.
As well as the aforementioned major winners, other golfers taking part in the event include former Ryder Cup player and 2022 Irish Legends winner Phillip Price and six-time DP World Tour winner Thomas Levet.
This is a nice way to give back and express appreciation to La Manga Club guests. They should not forget to thank their employees who delivered the superb customer experience at La Manga Club.
I cannot emphasize enough the importance of recognizing and rewarding our golf club employees. It is a great way to show your appreciation and keep them motivated.