Early this year, Callaway Golf has launched the Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic golf club family. Now, they are launching its 2.0 version. Now, Callaway’s new GBB Epic Star line builds on that performance-profile by incorporating an ultra-premium, ultra-light component platform. In the Callaway Golf Big Bertha Epic Star golf club family, I was able to find some tangible changes in comparison to the Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic golf club family.
The new Callaway Golf club family will be available from September 29th.
What are the novelties in the Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic Star golf club family?
The changes I have found will be written in bold.
Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic Star driver
- Weighing just 286 grams;
- Jailbreak technology;
- Ultra-light Exo-cage head construction consists of 46% lightweight triaxial carbon and a 9.7-gram crown;
- Premium, ultra-light 39-gram Grand Bassara™ driver shaft, made in Japan by Mitsubishi® (first sub-40 gram shaft in a Callaway
driver) uses a proprietary MR70 carbon fiber material to promote distance and control;
- 11-gram sliding Adjustable Perimeter Weight (6 grams lighter than the Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic driver);
- 41-gram Golf Pride® J200 grip;
- Fixed, lightweight hosel (7 grams lighter than OptiFit™ hosel);
- 10.5° & 12° loft
- $699.99 MAP (the Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic driver was $499 in January 2017)
Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic Star Fairway Woods
- Ultra-light triaxial carbon crown (78% lighter than steel)
- Premium ultra-light 49-gram Mitsubishi Grand Bassara™ fairway wood shaft, made in Japan by Mitsubishi®
- 41-gram Golf Pride® J200 grip
- Fixed, lightweight hosel
- 15° 3-wood, 18° 5-wood, 21° 7-wood
- $399.99 MAP
Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic Star irons
- Exo-cage construction
- Premium ultra-light 55-gram Grand Bassara™ graphite iron shaft, made in Japan by Mitsubishi®
- 360 Face Cup™ technology
- Metal Injection Molded (MIM’d) Tungsten-Infused Standing Wave
- Lightweight hollow hosel
- 4-9 irons, PW, AW, GW, SW
- $300 per club