With the launch of the new PING G410 Plus and G410 SFT drivers PING is introducing their movable-weight technology solution.
The idea of movable-weight is new a totally new concept. Probably, TaylorMade was the first to provide this feature in its TaylorMade R1 driver in 2013. Or Callaway Golf with its Big Bertha driver?
John K. Solheim, PING President said about their movable-weight technology solution:
Our new, movable-weight technology provides the benefits of custom CG locations, including directional control, without sacrificing MOI or ball speeds which is what we’ve always seen with other non-fixed weight drivers.
The G410 Plus offers golfers a simple, logical way to customize their driver and allows them to swing away on the tee box without fear of missing the fairway.
It puts tour-level fitting into the golfer’s hands. We’ve also expanded the loft and lie options with a new eight-setting, lightweight hosel that further fine-tunes ball flight.
In the G410 Plus model, three positions (Draw, Neutral, Fade) for the ultra-high-density tungsten back weight shift the center of gravity (CG) location by 1/10″ in each direction from neutral to influence left or right shot direction approximately 10 yards (20 yards of correction between Draw and Fade settings).
By positioning the weight on the extreme boundary of the clubhead, the moment of inertia increases compared to the original G400 driver – ensuring golfers enjoy the added distance and forgiveness required to hit their tee shots longer and straighter.
The PING G410 SFT (Straight Flight Technology) model is engineered with a fixed ultra-high-density tungsten weight positioned on the clubhead’s extreme perimeter and 50% more heel-side CG than its predecessor to ensure straighter ball flights. A lighter swingweight (D1) further influences direction by helping square the face at impact.
PING G410 Plus & SFT drivers – 4 interesting features
- Dragonfly Technology:
A new “creased crown” design provides stiffening properties and combines with patented Dragonfly Technology to create an ultra-thin crown structure, which saves weight for optimising the CG location and increasing forgiveness. Together with more aggressive and efficient Turbulator Technology, the 455cc head’s crown design provides a clean, powerful and faster look at address while making alignment nearly effortless.
- Forged, T9S+ Face:
The unique forging and the patented heat-treatment process of the T9S+ face powers a thinner, hotter impact area that is precision machined to elevate ball speed across the entire face for more flexing and faster ball speeds. The forged face and the internal geometry of the head are instrumental in producing the powerful feel and sound of the driver.
- Trajectory Tuning 2.0:
The new, patented lightweight and aerodynamic adjustable hosel expands from five to eight settings, offering loft (0, +1⁰, +1.5⁰, -1⁰, -1.5⁰) and lie adjustments (including up to 3⁰ flatter than standard) to optimize ball flight.
- New Counter-Balanced Shaft Technology: the PING engineering team developed the next generation of the Alta CB (counter-balanced) shaft as the proprietary option in the G410 driver. The higher-launching, lightweight Alta CB Red 55 is engineered with an eight-gram counterweight in the grip end of the shaft, shifting the CG higher and allowing for more head weight to increase energy transfer and momentum – resulting in more ball speed and greater forgiveness. The high-performance PING Tour 65 & 75 (lower launch, low spin, stable feel), Project X EvenFlow Black 75 (low launch, low spin) and Mitsubishi Tensei™ CK Orange 60 (mid-launch angle, low spin) are available at no upcharge and ensure a shaft-fitting option to match the launch conditions of all golfers.
PING G410 Plus and SFT Driver Specifications
Multi-material construction: Cast Ti 8-1-1 body, forged T9S+ face, ultra-high-density tungsten back weight, lightweight aluminium/thermoplastic adjustable hosel:
- G410 Plus loft options: 9⁰, 10.5⁰ & 12⁰
- G410 SFT (Straight Flight Technology) loft option: 10.5⁰
Other important specifications:
- Head volume: 455 cc
- Head weight: 206g (Plus), 204g (SFT)
- Swing weight: D3 (Plus), D1 (SFT)
- Standard length: 45 3/4″ (Alta CB Red 55); 45 1/4″ (PING Tour and aftermarkets)
- Loft adjustability: 5 settings: +-1.5⁰ (0, +1⁰, +1.5⁰, -1⁰, -1.5⁰)
- Lie adjustability: Up to 3⁰ (Std: 58.5⁰)
- Stock shaft option: PING Alta CB (counter-balanced) Red 55 (SR, R, S, X)
- No upcharge shaft options: PING Tour 65, 75 (R, S, X), Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60 (R, S, X), Project X Evenflow Black 75 (5.5, 6.0, 6.5)
- Stock grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 in six sizes (Blue -1/16″, Red -1/32″, Aqua -1/64″, White Std., Gold +1/32″, Orange +1/16″)
- Price: RRP £450