After two years, the new generation of Titleist AVX golf ball is coming with 4 innovations:
- New, Larger Core Formulation generates high speed and low long game spin to drive more distance with an exceptionally soft feel.
- Redesigned High Flex Casing Layer promotes higher ball speed and lower spin on long shots for enhanced distance.
- New, Thinner Cast Urethane Elastomer Cover System has been specifically formulated by Titleist R&D to provide greater ball speed and increased greenside spin and control.
- Unique Catenary Aerodynamic Dimple Design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots
If you read my previous post about the new TaylorMade TP5 pix golf balls, then the above-mentioned larger core formulation will sound familiar.
The engine of 2020 Titleist AVX golf ball is – a larger, reformulated low compression core – works in combination with a redesigned high flex casing layer to deliver greater ball speed and low long game spin for more distance.
New Titleist AVX golf ball, offered in both white and high optic yellow, is now available in golf shops worldwide. MAP $47.99.
The difference between Titleist Pro V1 / V1x / AVX golf balls
If you don’t know the difference between Titleist Pro V1 / V1x / AVX golf balls, then here is a help for you:
- Titleist Pro V1x is high launch with high spin.
- Titleist Pro V1 is mid-launch with mid-spin, and
- Titleist AVX golf ball is low launch with low spin.
If you would like to compare the new Titleist AVX golf ball with a competitors’ similar golf ball, then maybe Callaway Golf Chrome Soft golf ball comes to my mind.
The Callaway golf ball was launched in 2015 and the AVX golf ball was the response of Titleist to it.