When we discuss the new FootJoy Spring-Summer 2021 Collection we cannot afford not to pass by the importance of sustainable fabrics.
I know from my interview with Kristin Hinze, the Global Head of Merchandising at Puma Golf that sustainability matters to golf apparel manufacturers too.
In 2020 it is expectable that our customers will want to wear such golf apparel made of sustainable fabrics and produced in fair conditions (ethical manufacture).
It is also a desire that clothes and apparel can be reused, reworn, recycled, and essentially stay out of the landfill for as long as possible.
14 sustainable fabrics to consider
- Organic linen – is a natural fiber, coming from the flax plant.
- Organic cotton
- Peace silk – Silkworms are given the time to develop into moths, and their empty cocoons are then collected to create peace silk.
- Wool & Cashmere
- Recycled nylon (aka econyl)
- Bamboo, lyocell, modal, tencel (is created by dissolving wood pulp), rayon, viscose
- Organic hemp
We should try to avoid using these materials:
FootJoy Spring – Summer 2021 Collection
The men’s range features four brand new collections: Revere (see picture below), Dorado, Seaside and Geneva.
FootJoy’s Spring Summer 2021 line will also feature an expanded GolfLeisure female collection range by introducing two new color stories: Blue Jay and Blush Pink as well as a selection of neutral and versatile garments.
The new designs indulge in fun fashion and contemporary patterns that will make a statement on the course as much as they will off.
A select product range from the men’s SS’20 collection will also support the 2021 apparel line, with items from the familiar Spirit, Royal, Mosaic, and Wave collections returning for a consecutive season.
Similarly, the full SS’20 Rose and Jade lines will continue through to 2021,
complementing next year’s offering.
- The Revere collection features a palette of summer vibrancy, with Cape Red, Storm Blue, Vanilla, and White.
- Dorado introduces oceanic elements with the combination of the Navy and Lagoon tones of Blue energized by the White.
- Inspired by softer, cleaner tones the Seaside collection offers an elegant look. The Ice Blue, Grey, Lime, and White color story features calm tones to create an easy-going, versatile collection that flourishes with supporting products across the FJ’s Essential and GolfLeisure ranges.
- Throughout the Geneva collection, the Mulberry injects juice into the look with contrast against the familiar White, Coal, and Black.
I am surprised that FootJoy is not highlighting on their website what kind of fabrics they are using for these new apparel. Such information could strengthen their market position and reputation.
If I get feedback from FootJoy regarding this issue then I will update this post.