The PING Glide 3.0 wedges were made of:
- Multi-material construction that combines a 431 stainless steel head with a larger and softer elastomer Custom Tuning Port (CTP) insert.
- The additional volume of the CTP allows for a larger insert covering more of the back of the face.
- Patented wheel-cut grooves developed by PING.
- With an emphasis on expanding the wedge sole options to better custom-fit golfers, PING engineers crafted 4 differentiated sole grinds in the PING Glide 3.0 wedges.
In developing the PING Glide 4.0 wedges, PING’s engineers focused on expanding the grind and loft options to make custom fitting easier and more precise.
The PING Eye2 wedge face profile inspired the “E” grind (see details below), which is distinguished by the high-toe design made popular by Karsten Solheim’s iconic sand wedge developed in the early 1980s. It features a blended hosel and dished sole design similar to the original Eye2.
4 interesting things about the new PING Glide 4.0 wedges
- 8620 Carbon Steel & Activated Elastomer – The multi-material construction combines 8620 carbon steel with a larger and softer activated elastomer insert to provide a soft, responsive feel. The additional volume of the insert allows for 36% more face contact, resulting in the softer feel golfers prefer in their wedges.
- Precisely Sized and Shaped – The PING Glide 4.0 wedges feature a slightly rounded, compact design that benefits from advancements to the lead edge and hosel transition to provide a captured look at address. In designing the series, the engineers made the head sizes of the “S” and “T” grind versions smaller than the “W” and “E” options. The W and E grinds are a little more forgiving, with slightly larger heads.
- Friction Face with Emery Blast – In combination with the precision-milled face and grooves, the new Emery face blast adds more texture to the hitting surface, creating higher friction and more interaction between the club and ball for more spin and lower launch. The 46º, 50º and 52º lofts feature wheel-cut grooves with a 20º sidewall to optimise performance on full shots. The 54º to 60º options are milled with a 28º sidewall and tighter radius for more spin and precision on finesse shots around the green and from the sand. The hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish adds to the higher spin and lower launch, especially from wet and rough conditions.
- 4 Grinds
- S Grind (46º/12º, 50º/12º, 52º/12º, 54º/12º, 56º/12º, 58º/10º, 60º/10º): Trail edge/heel relief + Ample bounce + Rounded lead edge +Fits most golfers
- W Grind (54º/14º, 56º/14º, 58º/14º, 60º/14º): Traditional full-sole design + Most forgiving through the turf + Rounded lead edge + Optimised for square-face and bunker shots.
- T Grind (58º/6º, 60º/6º): High lead-edge bounce + Half-moon sole shaping + Increased center bounce width.
- E Grind (54º/10º, 56º/10º, 58º/8º, 60º/8º): High toe + Improved lead-edge shaping + Dished sole and tapered hosel for bunker performance.
PING Glide 4.0 wedges – Specifications
- PING Z-Z115 wedge;
- PING AWT 2.0 (R, S, X),
- PING Alta CB Slate (SR, R, S),
- Alta Distanza Black 40
OPTIONAL STOCK SHAFTS:
- Dynamic Gold (S300, X100),
- Dynamic Gold 105 (R300, S300),
- Dynamic Gold 120 (S300, X100),
- KBS Tour (R, S, X),
- NS Pro Modus 105 (R, S, X),
- Elevate 95 (R, S)
STOCK GRIP: Lamkin Crossline 1150 (11.5 inches)
RRP: 199 EURO Steel, 210 EURO graphite