It was two years ago when I heard of the World Corporate Golf Challenge (since 1997) for the first time. In that year the Hungarian Zala Springs Golf Resort hosted the very first World Corporate Golf Challenge tournament in Hungary.
I have been following the World Corporate Golf Challenge ever since. I have to tell you that I have not found any similar complex business-to-business focused golf tournament in the world.
Just to understand how serious is this golf tournament, here are the organizers’ expectations (in spite of the coronavirus):
- 5 continents,
- 31 territories,
- 180 events,
- 3950 companies,
- 8000 participants,
- Global TV coverage value: +1,4M€ (Golfing World is one of the media partners of the event)
- Global print media: +223,000€
The organizers prove year by year that they can attract the most lucrative golfers (aka consumers): ABC1 status, business executives, aged 30-60.
The world final tournament will be held at Oitavos Dunes (near Cascais, Portugal) between 11th-15th November 2020. We will stay at The Oitavos.
Here are some reasons why I think it is a great choice and venue:
- The Oitavos was among IAGTO’s Experience Awards winners in 2019.
- The Oitavos Dunes is the first golf course in Europe and second in the world to get the Gold Signature Sanctuary status, quality certificate awarded by Audubon International.
- The Vinho Regional Lisboa area has more DOCs than any other Vinho Regional area of Portugal. Let’s combine golf & wine experiences!
- Being the only Portuguese course on the Top 100 Golf Courses of the World, by Golf Magazine, where it ranks 55th, Oitavos Dunes is naturally considered the Nº 1 Golf Course in Portugal.
World Corporate Golf Challenge media partnership
I think now it is clear and obvious why I was impressed to receive a request from Jose Guerra, the Chairman of the World Corporate Golf Challenge to become one of their official media partners.
As you can see below, Time, Fortune Magazine, and the Golfing World (with a dedicated audience of 20.3 million viewers in 2017) are also official media partners of this prestigious event.
If you have any questions about the World Corporate Golf Challenge (e.g. sponsorship opportunities) then please do not hesitate to contact me.
See you there soon!