In February I shared with you that Millenium Hospitality – listed on the MAB since the 4th of July 2019 – acquired 90,000 square meters for 33.2 million Euros in the estate known as La Hacienda de San Roque in 2019. Today it is called La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort.
La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort has an undisclosed plan to become one of the most exclusive and luxurious golf resorts in Spain.
It is interesting to me how a golf resort like the La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort selects a luxury hotel partner among the luxury hotel brands (e.g. Six Senses, Rosewood, Mandarin Oriental, St. Regis, Park Hyatt, Four Seasons, The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels, etc.).
Some of my questions:
- How many of these brands have sufficient experience in golf club management and golf tourism?
- What is their attitude toward golf?
- How can they ensure that if they will be the hotel partner they will allocate sufficient efforts and resources to the golf business?
- How do we define luxury hospitality in 2022?
- What unique magical experience like no other look like in 2022?
- What kind of affordable luxury services will they offer?
- High do you define high-net-worth individuals?
Such and similar questions arose in my mind when I found out that La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort has entered into an agreement with Fairmont Hotel & Residences.
Fairmont Hotel & Residences is operating 13 golf courses around the globe. I found it interesting that La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort has not chosen a brand from the TOP 4 hotel groups’ luxury brands.
Fairmont La Hacienda
Set for a soft launch in the next 12 months and to fully open by Easter 2024, following the opening of La Hacienda Alcaidesa Links Golf Resort’s redesigned Links Course this summer, the 323-room hotel and villas will complete the multi-million-Euro investment project and the resort’s elevation to a flagship golf destination in southern Europe.
Fairmont La Hacienda will comprise
- 153 hotel guest rooms with three junior suites and two two-bedroom suites.
- In addition, 51 villas will complete the desirable room offering, with 15 composed of 30 junior suites and 30 one-bedroom suites.
The 36 remaining villas will be sold to third parties and will come complete with a private pool, extensive living room, and kitchen amenities.
The complex will also feature
- 5 restaurants and bars, including a pool bar and a beach restaurant,
- swimming pools,
- fitness center,
- ballroom and
- a selection of flexible meeting rooms.
This is all in addition to the two golf courses, the Heathland, and Links, as well as a contemporary clubhouse, halfway house with restaurant, driving range, and practice area.