I’m reading the 2022 hotel trends right now. That’s why I’m very curious about how well Costa Navarino’s new hotel, W Costa Navarino, meets the latest hotel trends. W Hotels is one of the luxury hotel chains of Marriott International Inc.
Expected to open in summer 2022, W Costa Navarino is anticipated to mark the latest addition to the ever-expanding W Escapes portfolio in Europe following locations in Spain, Switzerland, and Portugal.
At the end of this article, I will list the most important hotel trends in 2022.
W Costa Navarino‘s offer
The new W Escape will be located in Navarino Waterfront, the newest integrated resort of Costa Navarino – the prime sustainable destination in the Mediterranean.
The 13-hectare beachfront destination is located in Messinia, southwest Peloponnese. Designed by renowned Greek architects, Tombazis and Associates Architects, W Costa Navarino is inspired by the region’s traditional residential areas and set to use local, natural materials such as stone, wood, and reed.
The distinctive interiors will be led by London-based MKV Design. The Escape is expected to feature 246 stylish rooms, suites, and villas, many with private pools staged in the Bay of Navarino with stunning Ionian Sea views.
W Costa Navarino is set to offer five dining venues including a destination beach club overlooking a long sandy shore, designed by Athens-based K-Studio.
The ‘Culinary Square’ is the hotel’s playful take on a deli food market with individual outlets creating a socially driven destination for all-day dining.
Other planned amenities include a sunset bar and the signature W Living Room. Guests will also be able to enjoy experiences and dining at neighboring venues in Costa Navarino including the new Navarino Agora, an open marketplace with retail, street food, open-air cinema, and exciting programming throughout the day and night.
Tennis courts and a water sports hub are part of the vision for guests to enjoy at W Costa Navarino, along with access to the destination’s four signature golf courses and an array of outdoor programming including biking, hiking, rock-climbing, and sailing.
Do you know what I miss very much from the service description?
W Costa Navarino vs hotel trends in 2022
Let’s start with the positive remarks. I am very happy to read that they want to develop an authentic, Greek hotel and not simply, just another luxury hotel. It is also very good that they offer a rich culinary experience for us.
What I missed & What I would add to their offer to be more attractive:
- Wellness real estate – by using technology and design innovations to create healthy hotel rooms (e.g. sound proofing technology, smart controls, smart beds, mattress cooling technologies, integrating AI + sensor technology + telemedicine)
- Healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss services. In 2020, this was a $946 billion business worldwide. Source: Global Wellness Institute.
- Empowering frontline workers. I believe that the biggest asset any golf club has is its frontline workers (e.g. greenkeepers, PGA Pros, waiters, etc.). They are the face of your golf club brand. They are the first person your golf club guests and members will see when they enter your golf club, but also the last ones when they leave.
- Go Green! I know that Costa Navarino is focusing on sustainability but it would be great to know that in W Costa Navarino what will they do to achieve their sustainability goals. E.g. meat alternatives in F&B, avoiding food waste, etc.
- What do they offer to the gig economy? Hometels?
- Help them in their workout routines by offering private wellness (see Peloton).
- 50 megabits per second (mbps) is the threshold for adequate WiFi these days, and some providers, like Google Fiber, offer up to 1000 mbps.
Now, these came to my mind. What would you add to my list of suggestions? Share them in the comment box.