Last year I reported that La Hacienda Links Golf Resort
- was acquired by Millenium Hospitality.
- The Texas-based golf course architect Kurtis Bowman has redesigned the Links Course.
- A new contemporary clubhouse, driving range, and practice area have been completed.
- La Hacienda Links Golf Resort partnered with Fairmont Hotel & Residences: 323 rooms; it will open in 2024.
La Hacienda Links Golf Resort – the Heathland course
The Heathland golf course is a Dave Thomas-designed, Par 72, 6,373-meter long golf course. It is at the heart of the plans.
In 2022, it won the ‘Players’ Choice Award’ and the ‘Best Hospitality in Spain’ honors at the 2022 Golfhaftet Awards.
As well as carrying out redesign work to enhance the layout, including
- the repositioning of the 18th tee,
- other upgrades on the course will include leveling the 1st and 11th fairways to improve the playability of the course;
- cleaning and refurbishing the lakes and bridges on the 8th and 9th holes;
- and repairing and resurfacing all the buggy paths.
Among future plans of La Hacienda Links Golf Resort we can find:
- a new state-of-the-art website;
- variety of updated stay-and-play packages in the coming months;
- a new halfway house on the Links course.
What else we can expect in the near future?
- a new contemporary clubhouse;
- a new driving range;
- an upgraded practice area;
- and a new beach bar and restaurant ‘Sal Verde’.
If I were La Hacienda Links Golf Resort….
If I were La Hacienda Links Golf Resort, I would invest in (also):
- Focus on service & communication personalization. The better you personalize, the more successful will be your golf resort/club. Here are some of the benefits of personalization:
- higher revenue,
- more conversions,
- customer retention,
- customer engagement and feedback,
- social sharing and brand affinity.
- Utilize the popularity of messenger apps (e.g. WhatsApp) as a complimentary communication channel. It will not replace emails but a very convenient & personal communication channel.
- More and more brands understand that they need to move more budget to influencer marketing as a more effective and accessible means of communication with consumers. What is more important is the engagement with the influencer’s community and most of all, the ability to change purchasing behavior and motivate purchasing products/services.
- Live video – it gained momentum during the pandemic when every in-person event was put on hold. Even as life is getting back to normal, consumer demand for live video content isn’t going away. Actually, it is growing. On Facebook, for example, users watch live videos for 3x longer than pre-recorded videos, and live content generates 6x more interactions.
- If you use recorded videos on your website then do not forget to search engine optimize them to gain more visibility on search engines.
- Create more AR & VR content.
- Utilize the content of your golf resort guests to gain more trust and visibility on social media platforms and search engines.
If you need more help in golf club marketing then please feel free to contact me: [email protected] / +36 30 279 0054