On November 12, Titleist will launch its Titleist TSi drivers: MAP $549. Titleist TSi Premium: MAP $749.
The news Titleist TSi2 and TSi3 models are part of the original Titleist Speed Project.
This is the essence & differences between the two Titleist TSi drivers:
- Titleist TSi2 driver is designed to deliver incredible speed and accuracy across the entire surface of the face, with a deeper, lower CG to maximize distance.
- Titleist TSi3 is for players capable of creating more consistent contact or requiring more precise control over CG placement, featuring a new SureFit CG Track Design for advanced speed-tuned performance.
The biggest novelty in these Titleist TSi drivers is the new ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium face construction.
ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium face
ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium, is a unique material that delivers superior strength, elasticity, and durability versus the conventional titanium alloys used in golf.
The exceptional ductility of ATI 425 (30% higher than 6-4 Titanium) allowed engineers to produce Titleist’s fastest driver face while maintaining the durability properties required for consistent maximum performance.
Made by a single foundry in Pittsburgh, ATI 425 was initially developed for ballistic armor applications and has since been used in many aerospace and commercial aircraft solutions, including jet engines and NASA’s Phoenix Mars Lander.
Titleist is the only company in golf that uses this material.
The improved shaping of Titleist TSi drivers allows the clubhead to move faster through the air and deliver a more powerful impact.
Both TSi2 and TSi3 have been aerodynamically engineered to reduce drag up to 15% (versus prior generation TS models), increasing clubhead speed for greater ball speed and distance.
The new head shapes feature a tour-requested softer toe profile that looks square at address.
Titleist is not the only company who is trying to utilize aerospace technology and solutions. Just think about:
- Callaway Golf’s Great Big Bertha Epic driver (2017);
- Cobra Golf’s KING LTD driver (2015);
- Callaway Golf XR 16 driver (in cooperation with Boeing, 2016).
While golfers often equate “high MOI” with a heel to toe forgiveness, Titleist R&D employs a more holistic approach to MOI design.
TSi also optimizes sole to crown performance, producing up to 13% higher inertia values (versus prior generation TS models) that deliver more speed and a tighter launch and spin range up and down the face.
The new TSi3 model features a new SureFit CG track technology that offers five unique positions to adjust club head CG and fine-tune ball flight.
The track offers more precise incremental adjustments – H2 (most heel biased), H1, Neutral, T1, T2 (most toe biased) – allowing a player to dial-in their launch conditions.
Both TSi2 and TSi3 feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel with 16 independent loft and lie settings, plus headweight adjustability (in two-gram increments, ranging from -4g to 4g) to create a more consistent and optimized ball flight through precision fitting.
Specifications & availability
- Maximum distance and forgiveness • ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium face technology;
- Stable high-MOI design;
- Adjustable Swingweight, Fixed CG Location;
- High launch, low spin;
- Aerodynamically optimized, Modern Shape, 460cc;
- Available Lofts: 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
- Precision performance and dynamic forgiveness. • ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium face technology;
- 5-setting SureFit CG track and adjustable swingweigh;
- Mid/High Launch, Low Spin;
- Aerodynamically optimized, Traditional Shape, 460cc;
- Available Lofts: 8.0, 9.0, 10.0.
Golfers can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium shafts available through Titleist’s new partnership with Graphite Design:
- The featured shaft lineup includes four new aftermarket models – Mitsubishi KURO KAGE™ Black Dual-Core 5G (High launch and spin), Mitsubishi TENSEI™ AV RAW Blue (Mid launch and spin), HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX (Low-mid launch and spin) and Mitsubishi TENSEI™ AV RAW White (Low launch and spin).Moderate swing speed players will benefit from Straight Flight Weighting (SFW) technology, which promotes straight flight in lightweight driver shaft options (KURO KAGE Black Dual Core 50 and TENSEI AV Raw Blue 55).
- Graphite Design’s premium offerings include three of the most coveted shaft models on tour and throughout the golfing world – Graphite Design Tour AD DI, Graphite Design Tour AD IZ, and Graphite Design Tour AD XC (Xtra Carry) – engineered with aerospace-quality carbon-fiber materials for incredible stability, consistency and feel.
- In addition, Titleist offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices.