On 29 November Callaway Golf will launch its new Callaway Golf X Forged CB Irons, Apex MB Irons, and X Forged Utility Irons.
Now I will focus only on Callaway Golf X Forged CB Irons and X Forged UT Irons.
As you will see, Callaway Golf continued the usage of
- forged 1025 mild carbon steel,
- MIM’d tungsten weighting, and even
- A.I.-designed Flash Face Cup.
Did you know:
‘1025’ means there is 0.25% carbon in the steel. The carbon content affects the hardness of the metal.
The usage of AI is excellent for optimizing product configurations. I am curious if the Callaway Golf product development team would use AI to eliminate roadblocks to getting new products launched starts.
Callaway Golf X Forged CB Irons
Features & Benefits
- These irons are engineered with custom internal and external MIM’d tungsten weighting. The tungsten in the toe aligns the CG precisely behind the middle of the club, while the external tungsten allows us to precisely dial in swingweight while keeping the CG centered.
- Incredibly soft feel from a forged 1025 mild carbon steel body.
- Tour Tuned Face Plate creates fast ball speed while promoting consistent spin rates across the face for the distance control that better players want to see from their irons.
- The blade length, topline, and offset are all designed to promote pinpoint shot-making and more workability through the set.
- The Project X IO is individually optimized for each iron in the set. The Mitsubishi MMT is a player’s graphite shaft with metal mesh in the tip for stability. Golf Pride’s Z Grip features a firm feel and exceptional traction.
Product at retail date: 10/29/2020. Pricing $200/club (steel, graphite)
Callaway Golf X Forged UT Irons
Features & Benefits
- Callaway Golf’s A.I.-designed Flash Face Cup.
- Forged 1025 mild carbon steel and hollow body construction combined with Callaway’s proprietary urethane microspheres for pure feel.
- Callaway Golf’s external MIM’d tungsten weighting allows us to precisely locate the CG position for optimal trajectory and launch. A longer blade length and a wider sole versus a traditional long iron provide forgiveness and control.
- The Project X U is specifically designed to work with utility clubs for stability and control. The Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black HY is a player’s graphite shaft designed with low torque for aggressive swingers. Golf Pride’s Z Grip features a firm feel and exceptional traction.
Product at retail date: 10/29/2020. Pricing $250/club